-click to download-
Sara Brenes is the founder of the Shark Whisperer organization, which she started as a school project and now it has turned into her life passion. Sara's motivation comes from her early interest in these majestic creatures of the sea and from learning about the cruelty to these amazing animals. The more she learned about it, the more she felt she needed to help in this cause.
“I really want people to know about sharks before they just save them for no reason, I want people to understand why so many of them are killed each year and how to stop it. It’s really important that we do that so that the people will be able to know more and teach other people about sharks and why we need them on our earth even so we can survive. They really are extraordinary creatures and we can’t just be killing them on a daily basis like we are.” – Sara M.
Our Mission is to create awareness and value for sharks as sustainable natural resources for the dive tourism industry, particularly in developing countries. By so doing, a steady revenue stream is also generated for local fishers that might otherwise slaughter the sharks for immediate gain. We develop campaigns, and events and fundraising programs to engage the public at large through environmental advocacy, publications and education.
Our objectives are to:
- promote public awareness of sharks and their vital role in the marine ecosystem,
- establish marine sanctuaries for sharks;
- educate and inform the public;
- establish a multi-disciplinary network of information,
- develop resources to aid shark population;
- conduct and sponsor behavioral studies of sharks and support research into their biology,
- foster the interest of people of all ages, races and backgrounds in scientific research through lectures, publications, conferences, financial grants and all other relevant means;
- maintain library, map and other advisory facilities which will assist those interested and engaged in scientific research;
- encourage industry, organizations, foundations and individuals to promote the general and specific purposes for which this organization is organized;
- recruit sponsors consistent with the aforesaid purposes of the organization and those specific in its charter.
Copyright 2011-2013 SharkWhisperer.org All rights reserved